Digital Cameras are some of the easiest gifts imaginable. They are easy to find, everyone enjoys getting cameras as gifts and taking loads of pictures. As an added bonus, Digital cameras don’t have to lighten the wallet all that much unless you want it to. It’s certainly cheaper than buying your loved ones good tablets like the iPad or the Samsung Galaxy. So which cameras to buy? There are literally hundred to choose from. Here is our top 5 recommendations for this Holiday Season:
Nikon COOLPIX S8200 16.1 Megapixel Digital Camera $229
Fast, responsive and boasting a great 14x optical Zoom-NIKKOR ED glass lens, the Nikon COOLPIX S8200 will help you capture images you may previously have missed. It has a 16.1-Megapixel CMOS sensor that crisply renders your view of the world—whether low light, far off fast action or sweeping panoramas. Capture sharp, clear photos and Full HD (1080p) movies. Spice up stills and movies with special effects, and view everything on a 3-inch, ultra-high resolution (921,000 dot) display.
- 16.1 effective megapixel CMOS sensor for fast capture and superior low light shooting
- 14x optical Zoom-NIKKOR ED glass lens, 25-350mm (35mm equivalent) captures action that’s both near and far
- 3-inch ultra-high resolution (921,000-dot) LCD monitor with Clear Color display and anti-reflection coating
- Full HD (1080p) movie recording with stereo sound and one touch record button, great movies made easy Easy Panorama, Night and Backlight/HDR modes, shoot in new creative ways
Canon PowerShot ELPH 300 HS 12.1 Megapixel Digital Camera $149
Don’t let the PowerShot ELPH 300 HS digital camera’s slim profile fool you. This fashionable device will deliver brilliant still images and amazing 1080p HD videos. There is a lot of features packed into one of the slimmest point-and-shoot digital cameras on the market. The HS SYSTEM, 24mm 5x Optical Zoom and 12.1 Megapixels will help you take great pictures.
- World’s thinnest digital camera with a 24mm ultra Wide-Angle lens and 5x Optical Zoom and Optical Image Stabilizer.
- Canon’s HS SYSTEM with a 12.1 MP CMOS and DIGIC 4 Image Processor improves shooting in low-light situations without the need for a flash and
- Full 1080p HD Video for exceptional quality with stereo sound, plus a dedicated movie button for easy access.
- Get high-speed shooting in a point-and-shoot camera: High-speed Burst Mode captures 8.0fps and
- Super Slow Motion Movie records video at high speeds to allow slow motion playback.
- Zoom optically while shooting video and keep footage stabilized with Dynamic IS.
- Lowers noise levels at higher ISO settings.
Sony TX10 16.2 Megapixel Digital Camera $259
This innovative camera from Sony is certified waterproof, shockproof, dustproof and freeze-proof. It can capture expansive landscapes with one touch iSweep Panorama or record crystal clear Full HD 1080/60i movies. A 16.2-megapixel “Exmor R” CMOS sensor delivers stunning low-light performance while the high-performance Carl Zeiss® Vario-Tessar 4x optical zoom lens brings distant subjects close. Compose, review and share shots on the vivid 3.0″ touch screen.
- Certified waterproof, dustproof, shockproof and freeze-proof
- 3.0 Touch screen for easy focus selection and photo viewing
- Full HD 1080/60i with dual record of stills and movies
- 16.2MP Exmor R CMOS sensor for stunning low-light performance
- 3D still image and 3D Sweep Panorama: change the view of the world
Olympus TG-310 14 Megapixel Digital Camera $149
If you have ever dropped and broken a camera then the Olympus TH-310 Tough Series is probably for you. It captures high-quality pictures and HD video of all your family’s adventures. Waterproof, Shockproof and Freezeproof, the TG-310 digital camera is the perfect camera for a family ski vacation or just an afternoon by the pool. It sports waterproof seals and gaskets that keeps water out so you can take pictures as deep as 10 feet underwater. The Rugged body and shock-absorbing construction are designed to withstand a 5-foot drop, bump, or other mishap. The TG-310 is winterized to perform at below-freezing temperatures. A 3.6x wide-angle optical zoom captures even more of the subject into each shot. The lens does not protrude from its body so it is further protected from harsh conditions. A simple, one-touch button allows you to record movies in high-definition.
- Waterproof 10ft/ 3m
- Freezeproof -10C/14F
- One touch 720p HD movie with HDMI
- 14 megapixels (effective)
- 3.6x optical zoom plus 4x digital zoom
- 2.7 inch LCD monitor; CCD contrast detection;
- Dual image stabilization;
- 3D Photos (even underwater);
- Waterproof; Shockproof; Freeze proof
Fujifilm FinePix T200 14 MP Digital Camera $129
The Fuji FinePix T200 14Megapixel Digital Camera presents the ideal solution for an easy to use and thin 10x zoom compact camera to take wherever you go. The bright 2.7 inch LCD display makes it easy to compose great photos. It features Dual Image Stabilization that works to eliminate blurred photos by freezing action and minimizing blurs at maximum zoom range. The FinePix T200 has something called Photobook Assist, which allows the user to make pictures to go in a photobook. It also has Motion Panorama for sweeping panoramic shots, Face Recognition, HD Video, and more. The slim and compact size makes it really easy to keep it in your pocket or purse.
- 14 million effective pixels; 1/2.3 inch CCD with primary color filter;
- 10x optical zoom lens plus approx 6.7x digital zoom
- 2.7 inch TFT color LCD monitor;
- HD movie 720p with sound
- 6 scene SR auto;
- Motion Panorama mode with auto stitch
- Dual image stabilization; Face, Blink detection; Smile and Shoot mode; Auto red-eye removal; Tracking auto focus